Animal Assisted Intervention International (AAII) is a coalition of practitioners, individuals or organizations, working in the field of Animal Assisted Intervention (AAI).
The objects of AAII are to;
• Establish and promote standards of excellence in all areas of Animal Assisted Intervention work.
• Facilitate communication and learning amongst Members and their staff and volunteers.
• Disseminate information to the public about the benefits of AAI.
AAII achieves its object inter alia by:
• The holding of regular Members’ meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences to share ideas, good practice and develop a clear framework for all aspects of AAI work.
• The setting of clear minimum standards and ethics in relation to all aspects of AAI work.
• The publication of information.
• The ongoing development of an accreditation procedure that will ensure agreed minimum standards are met by Members in their AAI work.
• The establishing of consistent international terminology, recognizing that there are differences in the way terminology may be used in specific countries.